Our Academic Enrichment time is daily from 12:00-1:00pm. This time is specifically designed for our Kindergarten students to join together as a group to work and progress through the advanced materials and lessons in the Montessori primary curriculum. Throughout the school day in their classroom they are still working individually with their classroom teacher on these and other materials at their level.
11/3: Telling Time to the minute
- Review previous lessons on telling time
- Introduction to the minute
- Flashcards, Clock & Worksheets
11/10: Currency/ Coins
- Introduction to coins (pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters)
- Identifying coins and amounts
- Working with coins and worksheets
11/17: Currency/ Coins
- Introduction to dollar bills
- Identifying dollar bills
- Working with money and worksheets
11/24: Parts of Animals
- Parts of the mammal, reptile, amphibian,
- Parts of the bird and fish
- Working with the animal puzzle and control chart
Synonyms of the week
11/3: OLD, ancient, elderly, used, seasoned, mature
11/10: BIG, vast, gigantic, huge, large, enormous, colossal
11/17: SMALL, tiny, miniature, minute, little, petite
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Look for our words of the week when reading a story, cut out pictures beginning with the letters of the week.
- Play “I Spy” with items beginning with the letter of the week, or find things around your home that begin with the letter of the week.
- Practice telling time on the clock at home. When you sit down to dinner, ask them to tell you what time it is, when they go to bed, have them check the clock. Have fun with Time!
- Practice exchanging money with your child. When you go to the store, have them help you pay!