Our Academic Enrichment time is daily from 12:00-1:00pm. This time is specifically designed for our Kindergarten students to join together as a group to work and progress through the advanced materials and lessons in the Montessori primary curriculum. Throughout the school day in their classroom they are still working individually with their classroom teacher on these and other materials at their level.
11/03: Telling Time to the minute
- Review previous lessons on telling time
- Introduction to the minute
- Flashcards, Clock & Worksheets
11/10: Currency/ Coins
- Monday 11/11 NO SCHOOL/ Teacher In Service Day (Parent//Teacher Conferences All Day 8am-7pm)
- Introduction to coins (pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters)
- Identifying coins and amounts
- Working with coins and worksheets
- Introduction to dollar bills
- Identifying dollar bills
- Working with money and worksheets
11/24: Parts of Animals
- Parts of the mammal, reptile, amphibian,
- Parts of the bird and fish
- Working with the animal puzzle and control chart
- Thanksgiving Feast 11/26th (11:00-12:00pm) 12:00pm Early Dismissal (No Aftercare)
- Thursday/Friday NO SCHOOL—Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday!
Sight Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
11/03: how, each
11/10: said, by
11/17: been, down
Synonyms of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
11/03: OLD, ancient, elderly, used, seasoned, mature
11/10: BIG, vast, gigantic, huge, large, enormous, colossal
11/17: SMALL, tiny, miniature, minute, little, petite,
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Look for our words of the week when reading a story, cut out pictures beginning with the letters of the week.
- Practice telling time on the clock at home. When you sit down to dinner, ask them to tell you what time it is, when they go to bed, have them check the clock. Have fun with Time!
- Practice exchanging money with your child. When you go to the store, have them help you pay!
Mr. John will be sending homework home to reinforce these lessons. Please turn homework into the orange box outside of Mr. John’s classroom. Please email him if you have any questions: email@example.com.