“We must help the child to act for himself, will for himself, think for himself; this is the art of those who aspire to serve the spirit.” – Maria Montessori
Below you will see two students working to plan the treat for our Halloween Party. Our students are in charge of breaking into committees, deciding what needs created or bought, and carrying out those tasks before our party. At the Elementary level, what Montessori calls the “Second Plane of Development,” the children have a need for time to socialize and experience different social situations, without the influence of adults. During the school day, they have time for this during lunch and recess, but not as much during work time unless they are working with a friend or two. For this reason, we keep our Halloween, Valentine’s Day, and Pajama Day parties as a student-only day. We have noticed during these student-only parties, that children often socialize with students that they don’t usually work with, or attend lessons together. This is a great opportunity for younger and older students to learn about and from each other while having a great time. We can make this a success with your help of supplying what we need for our party. You can sign up to provide something here!
Lower Elementary by Ms. Marlee
Upper Elementary by Ms. Ashley
Enrichments with help from Ms. Breanna!
- Monday, October 21 – Elementary Performance at Mulberry Gardens (staff drivers)
- Tuesday, October 22 – Grandparents’ Day
- Thursday, October 31 – 8:30 am – Halloween Play for Parents! Please join us in the gym for two performances!
- Friday, November 1 – Halloween Play at Falls Campus – ALL ELEMENTARY drop off at Falls Campus by 8:15 – Staff to transport back to Tallmadge Campus
- Friday, November 1 – Student-Only Halloween Party.
- Students may bring a costume with them when they are dropped off at the Cuyahoga Falls Campus (no blood, gore, or weapons please).
- We will begin our party after lunch – please have your child pack their regular lunch as our party will only have a small treat.
- Students have planned some games to play and to bake their treat together. We will finish our party
- Students will still need their reading logs for Friday morning.