Themes of the Week (in addition to Montessori Work Time)
- Clouds (cumulus, cumulonimbus and cirrus) and sky watching
- Different types of weather. How snow is formed, precipitation, thunderstorms and wind
- Tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes and blizzards
- Rainbows, ROYGBIV
- Afternoon group lesson: Various weather crafts, reiterating the letter “i” and the calendar
11/09: Being Healthy
- How can we keep healthy, what foods can we eat
- Food groups, Healthy habits and exercise
- What are germs, how are they spread?
- Afternoon group lesson: Healthy crafts and games, healthy choice of pre workouts and snacks, reiterating the letter “j” and calendar
- Friday, November 13th NO SCHOOL/ Teacher In Service Day (Parent//Teacher Conferences All Day 8am-7pm)
11/16: All About Dinosaurs
- Different types of Dinosaurs
- Herbivores, Omnivores, Carnivores
- Afternoon group lesson: Different dinosaurs crafts, types of dinosaurs, dinosaur movement songs, reiterating the letter “k” and calendar.
11/23: History of Thanksgiving
- Mayflower, Pilgrims
- Native Americans and Squanto
- What are we thankful for
- Afternoon group lesson: Thanksgiving crafts and songs, reiterating the letter “l” and calendar.
- Thanksgiving Feast 11/25 (11:00‐12:00pm) 12:00pm Early Dismissal (No Aftercare)
- Thursday/Friday NO SCHOOL—Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday!
Letters of the Week: Try to find objects that begin with each letter wherever you go with your child.
Rhymimg Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
Things to do at Home this Month to reinforce our themes:
- While reading a book have your child point to all of the letter of the week she/he can find. Have them do this with the sight words as well. Play I‐Spy using things that only start with the letter of the week/ sight words.
- Record the weather daily (make it into a weather journal). Create a weather collage out of magazines. Have your child cut out clothing and objects/toys they would wear or use for the different types of weather.
- Have your child help you with your grocery list. Cook dinner together!
- Make a book about all of the things you and your family are thankful for. Share your book with your family on Thanksgiving Day.
- Explore your neighborhood. See if you can find any fossil plant prints on rocks in your yard or neighborhood.