What I will learn at school this month in Ms. Kristen’s Class:
Themes of the Week | Classroom group lesson time (in addition to Montessori Work time)
2/27: All About Dr. Seuss
- Discuss Dr. Seuss and his life.
- What makes a rhyme?
- Cat In The Hat Craft
- Read “ Oh The Places You’ll Go”.-Discussing where we would like to travel, if we could travel anywhere in the world.
- Read Green Eggs and Ham.
3/6: All About Outer Space
- Learning all about the Moon.
- What is a Star?
- Discovering the planets in our solar system.
- Learning all about Astronauts and their job.
- Learning all about the constellations.
3/13: Continue Learning About Space
- Learning about the Space Shuttle.
- Watching the Moon Landing.
- Who was the first person in Outer Space?
- What is a Dwarf Planet?
- Testing a real telescope.
- Saturday, March 18th Mother/Son, Father Daughter Dance 2-4
3/20: All About Ohio
- What makes a state?
- Famous sites in N.E. Ohio.
- Learning about our state flag.
- Learning about our state bird, insect, and flower.
- Graphing how many of us live in Akron, Stow, Cuyahoga Falls, etc.
3/27-3/31: Spring Break
Letters of the Week: Try to find objects that begin with each letter wherever you go with your child.
Sight Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
Things to do at Home this Month to reinforce our themes:
- Read a Dr. Seuss story with your child. Point out the rhyming words. Writing your own story with rhyming words together!
- Visit the Planetarium at the Natural History Museum in Cleveland.
- Practice your address with your child. This is very important for them to start learning early!
- Discuss with your child which planet they would like to visit and why.