Themes of the Week (in addition to Montessori Work time)
3/2: All About Dr. Seuss
- Discuss Dr. Seuss and his life.
- What makes a rhyme?
- Cat In The Hat Craft
- Read “Oh The Places You’ll Go”.-Discussing where we would like to travel, if we could travel anywhere in the world.
- Try Green Eggs and Ham.
3/9: All About Outer Space
- Learning all about the Moon.
- What is a Star?
- Discovering the planets in our solar system.
- Learning all about Astronauts.
- All about constellations.
3/16: All About Ohio
- What makes a state?
- Famous sites in N.E. Ohio.
- Learning about our state flag.
- Learning about our state bird, insect, and flower.
- Graphing how many of us life in Akron, Stow, Cuyahoga Falls, etc.
3/23: All About North America
- Learning about the United States and its culture and customs.
- Learning about Canada and its culture and customs.
- Learning about Mexico and its culture and customs.
- Learning about Jamaica and its culture and customs.
Letters of the Week: Try to find objects that begin with each letter wherever you go with your child.
Sight Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
Things to do at Home this Month to reinforce our themes:
- Read a Dr. Seuss story with your child. Point out the rhyming words. Writing your own story with rhyming words together!
- Visit the Planetarium at the Natural History Museum in Cleveland.
- Practice your address with your child. This is very important for them to start learning early!
- Try food at a local Mexican restaurant.