Themes of the Week (in addition to Montessori Work time)
- What is Transportation?
- Discuss trains and how they operate.
- Discuss airplanes and how they fly.
- Learning about busses and how they take us different places.
- Discuss boats and how they are able to float on the water.
2/9: Polar Pals/ Valentine’s Day
- Discussing Penguins – What they eat, where they live and more.
- Learning about Polar Bears- Where they live, how they stay warm and more.
- Discussing Beluga Whales- Where they live live, what they eat and more.
- Discussing Seals-Where they live, how they stay warm, what they eat and more.
- History of Valentine’s Day and Valentine’s activities.
*Valentine’s Party, Friday, February 13th
- Discussing Abraham Lincoln and his life.
- Learning about George Washington, the father of our nation.
- Learning about our current president, Barack Obama
- Learning about the American Flag, and what the different parts symbolize.
- Discussing the Pledge of Allegiance and what the words mean.
*Monday, February 16th President’s Day- NO SCHOOL
2/23: Dental Health
- Discuss Dental Health
- Learn what foods are healthy for our teeth.
- Learn the parts of the tooth.
- Why do we loose our baby teeth?
- Learn about the job of a Dentist.
Letters of the Week: Try to find objects that begin with each letter wherever you go with your child.
Sight Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
Things to do at Home this Month to reinforce our themes:
- Make Valentines together with your child. Have them sign their own name to the cards.
- Practice saying the Pledge of Allegiance with your child at home.
- Practice teeth brushing with your child. Make a healthy snack together as a family that will promote dental health.
- Practice the letter of the week with your child by playing “I Spy”. This is a great way to help them learn initial sounds. Remember to focus on the sound of the letter and not the name of the letter.