Our thematic lessons in addition to Individual Montessori Work Time.
11/7: Food Groups/Nutrition
- The children will become aware of five food groups (dairy, protein, vegetables, fruits, and grains).
- The children are made aware of different foods from each food group.
- The children are informed that eating different foods from each food group will help them grow, think, and have energy to play.
- The children will learn how to recognize different foods from each group.
- The children will sample a variety of healthy foods.
- Progress reports November 11th
- The children will learn about the items Pilgrims used long ago.
- The children will learn very that life was difficult for the Pilgrims in America and that everyone, including the children, had to work hard.
- The children will learn where the Pilgrims left and where they were headed in America.
- The children will be reading and learning about the very first Thanksgiving.
- PT conferences November 14th (no school for students)
11/21: What I am thankful for
- The children will learn the meaning of Thanksgiving is to be thankful for families, friends and special things in times we share.
- The children will learn doing things for others is important, and makes us feel good inside.
- The children will learn that we can show thankfulness all the time, not only during holidays.
- The children will learn there are many ways to share.
- Harvest Festival November 22nd
11/28: Christmas Program
- The children will be practicing for the Christmas show throughout the day.
Letters of the week
Sight word of the week
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Perform a simple cleanup task for a needy neighbor. It might be as simple as raking leaves from a yard or driveway, or tidying a porch or garage.
- Make Thanksgiving dinner together.
- Make a weekly menu together to place on the refrigerator that is balanced according to the food pyramid.
- Read labels of food together.
- Let your child pack their lunch.