1/5: Polar Animals
- The children will be making their own snow.
- The children will talk about ice fishing and then do their own ice fishing in the classroom.
- The children will experience what it is like to be a penguin.
- The children will learn about all of the different polar animals.
1/12: Ocean Animals
- The children will learn about the ocean habitat.
- The children will compare their length to a blue whales length.
- The children will create waves in a bottle.
1/19: M L King
- Monday, January 19th– NO SCHOOL (MLK DAY)
- The children will learn what a hero is.
- The children will create a classroom “I Have A Dream Book”.
- The children will learn that even though everyone is different on the outside, we are all the same on the inside, through an egg experiment.
1/26: Zoo Animals
- Learning about different animals we find at the Zoo.
- On Thursday 1/29 each child is invited to bring their favorite stuffed animal. The animal should be one commonly found in a zoo. They can have snack or lunch picnic style with their stuffed animal.
- The children will create zoo cookies.
Letters of the week
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Go to the pet store together and have fun exploring different animals.
- Try and spot all the different animals outside during winter.
- Have a birthday party for M L King.
- Talk to your child about what his/her dream is and share yours.