Themes of the Week (in addition to Montessori Work time)
3/02: Ancient Rome
- Roman culture and traditions
- Buildings and contributions
3/09: Pollution and Recycling
- What is pollution? Air, water, noise, littering
- What is recycling? Ways to recycle
- Ways to save energy
- Arbor Day/Earth Day
- Ocean Life, Whales
- Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
- Salt water, fresh water
- Art Extravaganza I Friday, March 14th 6:00-8:00pm : school gym & classrooms
3/23: Landmarks of the USA/The state of OH-IO
- OHIO, surrounding state, state flag, flower, bird, state seal, historical landmarks
- Landmarks such as Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, Golden Gate Bridge, and Grand Canyon
Week of 3/30 SPRING/EASTER BREAK- NO SCHOOL
- School Resumes Tuesday, April 7th
Letters of the Week: Try to find objects that begin with each letter wherever you go with your child.
Rhyming Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
3/02: BEN, den, hen, men, pen, ten, yen
3/09: BEG, keg, meg, peg, leg
3/16: BEL, gel, mel, nel, sell, well
3/23: BAC, hack, jack, lack, mack, knack
Things to do at Home this Month to reinforce our themes:
- Look for our words of the week when reading a story, cut out pictures beginning with the letters of the week.
- Play “I Spy” with items beginning with the letter of the week, or find things around your home that begin with the letter of the week.
- What can you recycle at home? How can you conserve excess energy?
- Take a trip to the Cleveland Aquarium together and explore ocean life!