Themes of the Week (in addition to Montessori Work Time)
2/1: Farm Animals
- The children will learn about different farm animals
- The children will discover all of the products that come from farm animals
- The children will understand all of the responsibilities of a farmer
2/8: Pets/Valentine’s Day
- The children will learn about a variety of pets
- The children will learn about caring for a pet
- We will discuss the differences and similarities between different pets
- The children will learn how Washington was a great man, the father of our country, who led in war and peace
- The children will discover that Abraham Lincoln is on the penny
- The children will talk about what life is like for the Obama family in the White House
2/22: Dental Health
- The children will practice teeth brushing using an egg soaked in tea
- The children will see how a little hole in your teeth can get pretty unpleasant on the inside by watching how a hole in an apple rots. Having a regular checkup with dentist and teeth cleaning is essential to maintain healthy teeth and avoid discolored teeth.
- The children will talk about what foods are good and bad for their teeth
Letters of the week
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Take a trip to a local farm!
- Allow your child to help care for your pet.
- Take a trip to McKinley Presidential Library & Museum.
- Take your child to watch you get a dental checkup.
- Find objects around the house that start with the letter of the week!