What I will learn at school this month (in addition to Montessori Work Time):
2/01: Coldacott Week
- Introducing award winning books such as Make Way for Ducklings, The Snowy Day, Blueberries for Sal, The Lion and the Mouse, and other various Caldacott award winning books. The children will do different activities with each book.
- Preschool Lesson
Afternoon Group Lesson: Reviewing the letter of the week. Reiterating the calendar. Fun activities with Caldacott books.
2/8: Community Helpers: All about Doctors, Mail Carriers, Fire Fighters, and Police Officers
- How Doctors help us and the special tools they use
- Fire Fighters and Fire Safety and Stop, Drop & Roll
- All about the Post Office, mail carriers
- Learning our phone number and address/ How 911 is important to us
- How do Police Officers protect us?
- Valentines Day Party: Friday the 12th
Afternoon Group lesson: Reviewing the letter, the calendar and fun activities & crafts that have to do with community helpers.
2/15: Community Helpers: All about Construction Workers, Soldiers, Chefs and Bakers
- Learning about measurement and different tools.
- Soldiers, different branches of the military, jobs they do and places they travel
- Who works in a Restaurant/ Bakery?
- What does a Chef/ Baker do, different types
Afternoon Group Lesson: Reviewing the letter, the calendar and fun activities & crafts that have to do with community helpers.
2/21: Community Helpers: Dentists, Teachers, Veterinarians
- How a Veterinarian is different from a Doctor
- All about the importance of brushing, flossing and the different tools they use.
- Charting what you want to be when you grow up.
Preschool lesson: Reviewing the letter, the calendar and fun activities & crafts that have to do with community helpers.
Field trip to the Fire Station to be announced and dental hygienist to be announced.
Letters of the Week: Try to find objects that begin with each letter wherever you go with your child.
- 2/01: Mm
- 2/08: Nn
- 2/15: Oo
- 2/21: Pp
Ryming of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
- 2/01: Pink
- 2/08: star
- 2/15: house
- 2/21: bell
Things to do at Home this Month to reinforce our themes:
- While reading a book have your child point to all of the letter of the week she/he can find. Have them do this with the sight words as well. Play I‐Spy using things that only start with the letter of the week/ sight words.
- Write a letter to a family member or special friend. Have your child help you address the letter, stamp it and mail it.
- Invent your own cake or cookie together…get creative!
- Create a fire escape plan together or make a blue print of your dream house with your child!