Our Academic Enrichment time is daily from 12:00-1:00pm. This time is specifically designed for our Kindergarten students to join together as a group to work and progress through the advanced materials and lessons in the Montessori primary curriculum. Throughout the school day in their classroom they are still working individually with their classroom teacher on these and other materials at their level.
11/30: Continue Parts of Animals
- Parts of the mammal, reptile, amphibian,
- Parts of the bird and fish
- Working with the animal puzzle and control chart
12/7: Use of a Ruler
- Inches and Centimeters
- Measuring with a ruler– practice with many different objects
- Recording measurements
12/14: Christmas/Winter Crafts and Baking
- The children will be enjoying the holiday spirit by doing a lot of fun crafts and baking.
- The children will be making holiday rice krispie treats together.
- The children will be making a snow globe.
- The children will be making sock snowman.
- The children will be making reindeer out of their hands and feet.
- The children will be making Christmas trees out of popsicle sticks.
Synonyms of the week
11/30: NO, negative, never, nay, nope, nix
12/7: HAPPY, glad, cheerful, content, jolly, pleased, joyful, ecstatic
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Bake holiday treats together.
- Make homemade ornaments and festive decorations together.
- Watch classic winter and Christmas movies together.
- Go caroling as a family.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter as a family.
- Play outside as a family and enjoy the winter weather.