Themes of the Week (in addition to Montessori Work time)
8/22: Continent globe & map
- Intro to globe & maps
- Characteristics of globe & maps
- Identify Continents
- Review of three countries in each Continent and fun facts!
- Recap of Continents/Review of three countries in each Continent and fun facts!
- North, South, East & West
- Work on the directions using Continent Map
9/05: Hemisphere / Equator
- What are hemispheres? North/South/East/West hemispheres
- What is the equator? Location of equator
9/12: Bodies of water surrounding North America
- Review Hemispheres/ Equator
- Hudson Bay (N)
- Atlantic Ocean (E)
- Gulf of Mexico (S)
- Pacific Ocean (W)
9/19- 9/26: Ohio and surrounding States
- Ohio (location, characteristics, facts, abbreviation, flower, tree, mammal, fossil, flag)
- Pennsylvania (nickname, abbreviation) Kentucky (nickname, abbreviation)
- West Virginia (nickname, abbreviation) Indiana (nickname, abbreviation) Michigan (nickname, abbreviation)
Sight Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
8/22: go, has
8/29: will, him
9/05: up, so
9/12: see, her
9/19: are, was
Synonyms of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
8/22: FUN, amusing, entertaining, enjoyable, merry, pleasant
8/29: FAST, hurried, speedy, brisk, quick, swift,
9/05: SAD, miserable, gloomy, depressing, downtrodden, glum, unhappy
9/12: SLOW, unhurried, gradual, sluggish, stagnant, lethargic
9/19: BORING, drab, dull, lifeless, mundane, monotonous
9/26: ACTIVE, lively, energetic, dynamic, vigorous, hasty
Things to do at Home this Month:
Mr. John will be sending homework home to reinforce these lessons. Please turn homework into the orange box outside of Mr. John’s classroom. Please email him if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.