Themes of the Week (in addition to Montessori Work time)
5/02: Food Chains
- 3 and 4 part food chains
- A food chain shows how each living thing gets food, how nutrients and energy are passed from creature to creature
- Food chains begin with plant-life, and end with animal-life. Some animals eat plants, some animals eat other animals.
5/09: Seasons & Weather
- 4 Seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter
- Characteristics of each Season/ the first day of each Season
- Different types of clouds and their characteristics
5/16: Solar System
- Sun, Earth, Moon, Stars
- Facts on each planet, Asteroids and the Milky Way
- Constellations, Kennedy Space Station
5/23: Careers/Community Workers
- Different jobs in the community
- Doctors, Mail Carriers, Nurses, Accountants, etc.
- How these workers help us
- Summer safety, water safety
- Fire Fighters, Police Officers
- Calling 911
Letters of the Week: Try to find objects that begin with each letter wherever you go with your child.
Rhyming Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
5/02: BIB, dib, fib, rib,
5/09: BIC, kick, lick, nick, pick, nick, sick wick
5/16: BUD, dud, mud,
5/23: BOD, God, mod, nod, sod, Todd, rod,
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Look for our sight words when reading a story, point out words you use that begin with the letter of the week. Cut out pictures beginning with the letters of the week.
- While driving your car, have your child tell you all the items they see that starts with the letter of the week.
- Take a long walk in your park or neighborhood and point out the seasonal changes to your child. Discuss what you did as a child during each season and share some old and new memories with your son or daughter. Make special plans for each season.
- To reinforce our space theme, do some star gazing each night. Have your child pick their favorite, brightest one and share in making a special wish together!
Most states offer financial protection for workers who are injured or killed on the job. The system is called workers’ compensation. Under it, an injured worker can recover medical expenses, lost earnings and disability benefits even if the employer didn’t do anything wrong to cause the workplace accident.
If you were injured at work, or if a family member was killed, you are entitled to a free case review from Joye Law Firm. Call Joye Law Firm. Charleston workers comp lawyers have fought for injured workers for more than 40 years. They can fight for you, too.