- How can we keep healthy, what foods can we eat?
- Food groups, healthy habits and exercise
- What are germs, how are they spread?
- The difference between healthy and non healthy foods
- Learning about My Plate
Afternoon group time with Ms. Ame: Various crafts, songs, and activities about nutrition
- Different types of vehicles
- How we travel
- Creating a water, sky, and land chart
- Learning about traffic lights
- All about maps
Afternoon group time with Ms. Ame: Having fun learning about transportation, learning new songs, and doing various transportation crafts.
11/14: History of Thanksgiving
- All about Pilgrims
- All about Native Americans and Squanto
- The Mayflower
- Being Thankful
Afternoon group time with Ms. Ame: Having fun learning the history of Thanksgiving with Ms. Ame
11/21: Thankfulness and Turkey Day crafts
- I’m Thankful tree
- Tissue paper turkey
- Mayflower craft
- Tuesday is our Harvest party!
- No school Wednesday-Friday! Happy Thanksgiving!
Afternoon group time with Ms. Ame: Thanksgiving crafts and songs.
Letters of the Week: Try to find objects that begin with each letter wherever you go with your child.
Rhymimg Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
Things to do at Home this Month to reinforce our themes:
- While reading a book have your child point to all of the letter of the week she/he can find. Have them do this with the sight words as well. Play I‐Spy using things that only start with the letter of the week/ sight words.
- Go on a family hike together
- Have your child help you with your grocery list. Cook dinner together!
- Make a book about all of the things you and your family are thankful for. Share your book with your family on Thanksgiving Day.
- Look through magazines together and make a collage of all the healthy foods you find.