What I will learn this month in Mr. John’s Class…
Themes of the Week | Classroom group lesson time: (in addition to Montessori Work time)
2/27: Ancient Rome
- Roman culture and traditions
- Buildings and contributions
3/06: Pollution and Recycling
- What is pollution? Air, water, noise, littering
- What is recycling? Ways to recycle
- Ways to save energy
- Arbor Day/Earth Day
- Ocean Life, Whales
- Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
- Salt water, fresh water
- Saturday, March 18th: Mother/Son, Father/Daughter Dance 2-4
3/20: Landmarks of the USA/The state of OH-IO
- OHIO, surrounding state, state flag, flower, bird, state seal, historical landmarks
- Landmarks such as Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, Golden Gate Bridge, and Grand Canyon
3/27: SPRING BREAK
Letters of the Week: Try to find objects that begin with each letter wherever you go with your child.
Rhyming Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
2/27: ben, den, hen, men, pen, ten, yen
3/06: beg, keg, meg, peg, leg
3/13: bell, gel, mel, nel, sell, well
3/20: back, hack, jack, lack, mack, knack, pack
Things to do at Home this Month to reinforce our themes:
- Look for our words of the week when reading a story, cut out pictures beginning with the letters of the week.
- Play “I Spy” with items beginning with the letter of the week, or find things around your home that begin with the letter of the week.
- What can you recycle at home? How can you conserve excess energy?
- Take a trip to the Cleveland Aquarium together and explore ocean life!