Our Academic Enrichment time is daily from 12:00-1:00pm. This time is specifically designed for our Kindergarten students to join together as a group to work and progress through the advanced materials and lessons in the Montessori primary curriculum. Throughout the school day in their classroom they are still working individually with their classroom teacher on these and other materials at their level.
12/1: Use of a Ruler
- Inches and Centimeters
- Measuring with a ruler– practice with many different objects
- Recording measurements
12/8-12/19: Christmas Program
- We will be taking time with the children to practice and prepare for the Christmas Show.
12/21—1/4 Christmas Break—School Resumes Monday, January 5th
Synonyms of the week
12/1: NO, negative, never, nay, nope, nix
12/8: HAPPY, glad, cheerful, content, jolly, pleased, joyful, ecstatic
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Bake holiday treats together.
- Make homemade ornaments and festive decorations together.
- Watch classic winter and Christmas movies together.
- Go caroling as a family.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter as a family.
- Play outside as a family and enjoy the winter weather.