What I will learn this month in Ms. Courtney’s Class
(In addition to Montessori Work Time)
- The students will observe the differences in leaf shape.
- The students will observe the different fall colors and the fun we can have with leaves.
- The students sort a variety of Fall objects.
- The students learn different textures and identify them.
- The students will describe an apple using all of their sense.
- The students will discuss the shapes apples come in.
- The students will taste test red, green, and yellow apples.
- The students will explore the inside of an apple.
- The students will identify feeling words such as happy, sad, scared, etc.
- The students will guess and count how many seeds are in a pumpkin.
- The students will practice measuring to make a treat.
- The students will practice team work.
- The students will learn about the life cycle of a bat.
- The students will research facts about bats.
- Halloween party (October 28th)
10/31: Body Parts
- The children will be able to identify specific body parts (Heads, Shoulders, Knees & Toes).
- The children will start to develop body awareness.
Letters of the week
Sight word of the week
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Go on a family walk to see how many different kinds of leaves you can find together.
- Take a trip to an apple orchard.
- Make homemade applesauce from your child’s favorite apple.
- Bake pumpkin seeds.
- Take a trip to a pumpkin patch.
- Research other nocturnal animals.