Our Academic Enrichment time is daily from 12:00-1:00pm. This time is specifically designed for our Kindergarten students to join together as a group to work and progress through the advanced materials and lessons in the Montessori primary curriculum. Throughout the school day in their classroom they are still working individually with their classroom teacher on these and other materials at their level.
8/25: Continent globe & map
- Intro to globe & maps
- Characteristics of globe & maps
- Identify Continents
- Review of three countries in each Continent and fun facts!
- Recap of Continents/Review of three countries in each Continent and fun facts!
- North, South, East & West
- Work on the directions using Continent Map
9/08: Hemisphere / Equator
- What are hemispheres? North/South/East/West hemispheres
- What is the equator? Location of equator
9/15: Bodies of water surrounding North America
- Review Hemispheres/ Equator
- Hudson Bay (N)
- Atlantic Ocean (E)
- Gulf of Mexico (S)
- Pacific Ocean (W)
9/22: Ohio and surrounding States
- Ohio (location, characteristics, facts, abbreviation, flower, tree, mammal, fossil, flag)
- Pennsylvania (nickname, abbreviation) Kentucky (nickname, abbreviation)
- West Virginia (nickname, abbreviation) Indiana (nickname, abbreviation) Michigan (nickname, abbreviation)
Sight Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
8/26: go, has
9/01: will, him
9/08: up, so
9/16: see, her
9/22: are, was
Synonyms of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
8/25: FUN, amusing, entertaining, enjoyable, merry, pleasant
9/01: FAST, hurried, speedy, brisk, quick, swift,
9/08: SAD, miserable, gloomy, depressing, downtrodden, glum, unhappy
9/15: SLOW, unhurried, gradual, sluggish, stagnant, lethargic
9/22: BORING, drab, dull, lifeless, mundane, monotonous
Things to do at Home this Month:
Mr. John will be sending homework home to reinforce these lessons. Please turn homework into the orange box outside of Mr. John’s classroom. Please email him if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.