Our Academic Enrichment time is daily from 12:00-1:00pm. This time is specifically designed for our Kindergarten students to join together as a group to work and progress through the advanced materials and lessons in the Montessori primary curriculum. Throughout the school day in their classroom they are still working individually with their classroom teacher on these and other materials at their level.
- Decimal System/Exchanging 1s, 10s, 100s and 1000s
- Using single units, 10 bars, 100 squares and 1000 cubes
2/09: Introduction to Multiplication
- Exploring multiplication
- Operations with the golden bead material
- Practice with the nine tray and multiplication tables
2/16: Introduction to Fractions
- Monday 2/17– No School (President’s Day)
- Exploring Fractions
- Fractional Insets (whole up to 1/12)
- Monday, February 16th President’s Day- NO SCHOOL
2/23: Geometric Shapes
- Intro to Geometric Shapes, Constructive boxes
- Geometric Cabinet
Sight Words of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
2/02: first, than
2/09: other, some
2/16: more, these
2/23: would, about
Synonyms of the Week: Try to find each word in books as you read to your child.
2/02: APPROPRIATE, suitable, fitting, apropos, correct, proper
2/09: BAD, incorrect, awful, unsatisfactory faulty, defective
2/16: GOOD, pleasant, fine, honorable, wonderful, valuable
2/23: DRY, dehydrated, arid, parched
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Look for our words of the week when reading a story, cut out pictures beginning with the letters of the week.
- Practice using the different synonyms of the week in a sentence together.
- You can view this link to give you more information on how the math materials are used in the Montessori classroom http://www.montessorialbum.com/montessori/index.php?title=Math. You may also google the name of the work to find more videos and information on the purpose of that material.
Mr. John will be sending homework home to reinforce these lessons. Please turn homework into the orange box outside of Mr. John’s classroom. Please email him if you have any questions: email@example.com.