Themes of the week
(in addition to Montessori Work Time)
8/26 and 9/2: Ground Rules
- Learning to greet others.
- Learning to have conservations.
- Learning to speak to others.
- Learning to listen to others.
- Learning to respond to others.
- Learning to say please and thank you to others.
- Learning to observe others.
- Learning to respectfully interrupt.
- Learning from others.
- Learning to open door for someone else.
- Learning to recognize situations in which to help others.
- Passing in front of another respectfully.
- Learning how to say excuse me.
9/8: Community Helpers
- The students will learn about police officers, fire fighters, mail carriers, soldiers, bakers, farmers, doctors, and teachers throughout the week. They will not only learn about these community helpers; they will also be able to explain in detail why each one is very important to our lives.
9/15: My Family
- The students will illustrate a picture of their family.
- The students will have a discussion on the importance of families to each of us and the students will be able to identify one reason why their family is important to them.
- Create a family tree together (Due Friday September 12th)
- The students learn how to identify, handle, and understand the things they may feel and how to act about them.
Letters of the week
Sight word of the week
Things to do at home this month to reinforce our themes:
- Try to find objects that begin with the letter of the week wherever you go with your child.
- Encourage grace and courtesy when you see your child displaying it to another or you.
- Talk about the importance of 911 and when you should call and practice dialing it.
- Practice dialing your telephone number with your child.
- Start a family tradition by setting a night a week aside for a family movie or game night.
- If your child displays an emotion they are unfamiliar with talk about it and how to handle it together.